Styles

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why the iPad might be the future hardware of choice for the retirement-age user


Several of my retirement-age family members have gotten iPads recently because of their portability and ease of use.  I’m ashamed to admit that I didn’t think much of it until I read this article from the Harvard Business Review (especially innovative idea #3):


In retrospect, I wish that I had expanded my mental view of the iPad sooner.  It makes perfect sense.  Add easy screen resizing and large keys to the portability and general ease of use, and you have a great tool for retirement-age computer users in the iPad.  It will be interesting to see who takes advantage of this market with targeted, innovative apps.  It will also be interesting to see if more developers will take iPad development seriously as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment